What mum doesn’t love (and deserve) to be pampered every once in a while?! Wax melts are the perfect wick-free home fragrance solutions for our busy mums, who still want to find a way to make our homes smell heavenly!
But in case that wasn’t enough to inspire a treat for mum, here are seven reasons why wax melts make a great gift for mothers.
1. They Are Low-Maintenance Aromatherapy
Wax melts are a quick and commitment-free way of promoting aromatherapy around the home without having to go into full-blown self-care mode, which is the perfect solution for our mile-a-minute mums.
Many wax melts are infused with essential oils, which helps manage stress, depression, and general daily struggles – all the while making your home smell divine!
Lavender, rose, and chamomile are great fragrances for encouraging relaxation, as well as a peaceful sleep.
2. Low-Impact Home Perfuming
Many plug-in diffusers or aerosol fragrance room-fillers can often be overpowering. Plug-in diffusers rely on electricity to function, which can create additional costs to your outgoings.
Other options include incense, which can get messy, scented candles, which can often be too subtle as a home-filling aroma, and reed diffusers, which require monthly maintenance, as well as the need to replace both the oil and the reeds.
The obvious solution? Wax melts. They provide just the right aroma quantity to make your home smell delicious, without being too overwhelming.
3. The Right Amount of Scent
As we mentioned earlier, wax melts are just right for home fragrancing, without being either overwhelming or underwhelming. This is because they are designed to emit just the right amount of aromatic goodness for your space.
While reed diffusers are a popular way to make your home smell like a meadow, they can be something of a trial and error product when it comes to filling it up with the right amount of oil and using the correct number of reeds for a particular space in your home.
With wax melts, there’s none of this. One simple wax melt popped in your burner will be just the right amount of fragrance.
Read also - Must-Try Wax Melt Mixes For Summer
4. They Last Longer Than Other Perishable Goods…
…Such as flowers and chocolates!
While many mums do enjoy being spoiled with a bouquet of their favourite flowers or a box of their favourite truffles, wax melts will last longer. Most wax melts can be used in both electric burners and tea light wax warmers, meaning they’re the thoughtful, practical gift that goes a bit further than the average gifts designed for mums.
5. They Can Be Enjoyed By Everyone
While they may be designed specifically as a treat for mum, they can be enjoyed by the whole family. Family homes can often become infused with various everyday smells, such as cooking, wet pets, sporty, active children, and so on, so a fragrant wax melt gift set will get the home smelling fantastic again – something that everyone under the roof can appreciate!
6. They’re Cost-Effective
Making mum feel special doesn’t have to break the bank. Many choices of wax melts come in thoughtful gift boxes, making them the ultimate wallet-friendly way to indulge the matriarch in your life. Also, a little goes a long way. Wax melts are a way to keep your space smelling heavenly for hours at a time.
7. Other Reasons Why Wax Melts Make Great Gifts
- They are simple to use and easy to clean. Unlike candles and incense, which can create a messy clean up afterward, your wax melt burner is low maintenance. When your wax melt is spent, all you need to do is warm the underside of a solid piece of the wax melt in the burner bowl by lighting a flame under the bowl. Leave for a few minutes and the wax will then simply slide out of the wax burner/wipe away. Be mindful that the wax will remain hot for a few seconds. Once removed, simply replace with a fresh wax cube and enjoy more delightful home fragrances!
- You can burn wax melts in an electric burner, meaning no naked flame is required, which can be the perfect option for mums with young children or pets running around. Wax melts inside an electric burner can be one of the safest ways of infusing your home with lovely aromas.
- They are more versatile than other fragrancing methods. For example, if you choose to use a reed burner, you’re stuck with the scent it creates until the oil has been absorbed or the reeds become redundant – which can be impractical and wasteful, if mum decides she doesn’t like the smell of the oil! Wax melts come in many scent options and are very easy to change.
- They are more economical than scented candles because they require less wax. Many wax melt products are also beeswax-free, meaning they are more ethical.
- They improve mood and mental health. Aromatherapy – and even just watching the effects of a ceramic wax burner – is calming to watch, which can be a gentle way of soothing stress, anxiety, and depression.
- They come in a multitude of scents, some of which include: English pear & freesia, cherry blossom, peony, earl grey & cucumber, rose, coconut, mango, parma violet, rhubarb, lemon sherbet, apple, raspberry and peppercorn, vanilla, blackcurrant, baby powder, sweet pea, white tea & lavender, ‘fresh linen’, strawberry & lily, aloe vera & cucumber, and so much more.
Wax melts make the perfect treat for our mothers on their birthdays, Mothering Sunday, or just as a general way to say we appreciate all she does for us. They go a bit further than the typical flowers and chocolate choice of gift, but without breaking the bank.
Wax melts are a pleasant, gentle, and effective way to infuse the home with delightful fragrances without relying on aerosols, oils, incense, or a naked flame (if you use an electric wax burner), which can be both sustainable and safer for homes with small children and pets.
Wax melts come in a large variety of scents, and more often than not, are vegan and cruelty-free. They also aren’t too overpowering in their aroma.
If you’re thinking of treating the mother figure in your life to a wax melt treat, but are not sure where to begin, here’s a good place to start….
Read - Easiest DIY Wax Melt Recipes