Gel Wax Melts (Jelly Wax Melts): Ultimate Guide For 2022
Gel wax of jelly wax melts are the latest wax melt craze and there are several reasons why:
- They are SO easy to use. Once you are ready to change your gel wax melt, you simply allow it to cool to room temperature, then peel the wax from your burner. Easy!
- They create good social media content. The wax peeling from the burner is so satisfying to watch, content creators are sourcing gel wax melts just to make viral content.
- They often last longer than regular wax melts. Due to the type of wax used, the fragrance is released from the gel wax slowly, meaning the scent from gel wax lasts and lasts.
- They are fun! We all enjoy trying something new, we’ve all tried wax melts but gel wax is a new, fun way to fragrance your home.
- The scent is just as strong as regular wax melts. All the above benefits plus the same, strong and long-lasting scent.
Now you understand what gel wax melts (also known as jelly wax melts) are, we will answer some FAQ’s:
Can I use gel wax melts in my wax burner or wax warmer?
The short answer is yes as long as your wax burner is above 11cm in height gel wax melts should be safe to use. Gel wax is not suitable in oil burners just like any other wax however if the wax begins to smoke, blow out the tea light immediately as this is a fire hazard. When using a new type of wax melt or when using a new wax burner its always important to keep a particularly close eye on it to make sure its safe. This will also give you peace of mind in the future.
As with all wax melts, never leave gel wax melts unattended, and always use standard sized, unscented tealights if you are using a tealight wax burner.
Can you use gel wax melts in an electric burner?
Yes, electric wax warmers are becoming more popular due to the ability to choose the power setting and there being no need for tea lights which makes them a safer option. Gel wax is more suited to the medium and high power settings on your electric wax burner due to its high melting point however the scent may be stronger in a tealight burner as they reach a higher temperature releasing more of the fragrance.
Why choose gel wax melts?
Gel wax melts make it extremely easy to remove the wax from your wax burner once the wax has cooled. Simply peel it out the dish. It is very satisfying! Gel wax melts are long lasting as it melts at a higher temperature than other waxes. Gel wax melts also have a good hot scent throw. Gel wax is also vegan friendly.
What is gel wax made from?
Gel wax is a synthetic wax made from mineral oils and polymer resin, this gives the wax a long lasting burn with a slow melt rate. This also gives it a rubbery texture and allows it to be completely transparent. Because of the clarity of gel wax, it gives off about 40% more luminescence than regular paraffin wax providing more light into your home when used in candles.
How long do gel wax melts last?
Gel wax was designed with long lasting scent in mind. It has a much higher melting temperature than both paraffin and soy wax so it takes much longer to release all the fragrance. You can expect to get 40 hours of fragrance per 40g pod.
Are gel wax melts safe?
As with any of our products, our gel wax melts have been extensively tested. They are a safe and effective way to fragrance your home.
Always follow the safety advice on your wax burner and gel wax melts, and never leave any candles, wax melts or gel wax melts unattended.